Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Fortunate Impromptu Shop Hop



Since Wednesday I have managed to visit 5 different quilt shops without leaving the state, participating in a planned shop hop, or even traveling on a bus tour.  Wednesday, I traveled from my little town to nearby Hannibal, Missouri--yes, Mark Twain's hometown--and spent a few minutes in both of the quilt stores in historic downtown.  Both Bits and Pieces and The Hickory Stick are nestled in the midst of the Mark Twain Museum and surrounding shops and carry a fine array of the best fabrics and patterns.

 Last night, a friend and I went to the northwest corner of the state, and today we visited, Quilting is My Therapy in Liberty, Missouri Star Quilt Company in Hamilton, and Sew Sweet Quilt Shop in Brunswick and were home before 5. We had planned to leave early today and go to MSQ and hit Sew Sweet on the way back.  However, after a grueling day at work, we spontaneously decided that we needed a little road trip to punctuate our week.  The bonus was time to go into Liberty to QMT and have breakfast at a cute little diner there named Ginger Sue's as well.

It occurred to me on the way home this afternoon that we are very fortunate here in Missouri to have such wonderful catalysts for our hobby.  Not only can you find various locally owned shops all over the state, but we are home to Tula Pink, Angela Walters, and Jenny Doan.  I have been to Hamilton and Liberty to the world famous shops multiple times.  I have even met Tula Pink and have the autograph and pictures to prove it.  The Hickory Stick, Bits and Pieces, and Sew Sweet Quilt shops never disappoint. Quilting is My Therapy is fun for all the important reasons.  Not only does QMT have beautiful fabric and great patterns and notions, but it is owned by Angela Walters--star struck! MSQ is a mecca for fabric lovers and is always fun.

There are many, many more quilt and fabric shops in our centrally located state.  A few more of my favorites include Appletree Quilting and Satin Stitches in Columbia, and O Sew Personal in  O'Fallon.

What are some of your favorites?

Happy Shopping
M

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed our day together! I love each of the stores you mentioned. I also enjoy shopping and browsing at Homestead Hearth in Mexico, MO. We have a lot of great shops in Missouri and I've met a lot of nice people at each shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quilters are great people. They are always willing to help and visit!! I had a great time.

      Delete