Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Moda Precuts and Pattern Review

I would love to meet the person at Moda who first said, "Let's make precuts!" But he or she better look out because I might just throw my arms around him/her and plant a big ol' kiss!  I am not going to lie--I love to work with precuts.

Precuts are so convenient.  I have used layer cakes, jelly rolls, charm packs and candy packs. Right now my real affection is for the charms and candies.  I am using Basic Grey Grunge charm packs to make this very colorful star block quilt.




I just finished making this Dresden plate quilt with Wren & Friends charms.  Dresden was a new skill set for me, so the charms made it easy for me to coordinate and to cut the wedges with confidence.
Now I own the pattern book, Moda Candy Oh Sew Sweet!  It has 18 fun projects for candy packs.  Current designers have created fun, beautiful, small projects specifically for these mini charms.  Each pattern is written simply enough that novice quilters and experienced quilters alike can create gorgeous little gems.  They also provide clear directions and diagrams that are easy to follow.


I had so much fun making this Pat Sloan design,  Pick a Pear.  It is 16" X 12" finished (page 27).  I used 2 Hello Fall candy packs to get it the way I wanted it. I think the pieced pears are just so sweet, don't you?  Come on fall!  Mary needs a new island topper in the kitchen! (And quite possibly a trip to Vegas.)

I am also making this 22" X 22" Starburst table topper by Fig Tree &Co (page 13) to hang on my "woman cave" wall.  I used a Simply Style candy pack with some soft Moda cotton to make this one.  I can't wait to get it quilted and bound.

I will say it again.  I love Precuts!

Hope you are sewing with fabrics that make you happy, today!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment