Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Shop Hop Success!

I promised an update after my shop hop adventure.  I am calling my hop a success.  I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed my tour of the shops.  As with any fabric shop, each of the four shops on the tour has its own culture, flair--personality. It was fun to experience all the little nuances of each.  I did not buy much, but I have so many new plans for future projects and purchases as a result of my hop, and an additional kit is still being cut for me when the shop gets a minute to regroup. ( I am very excited about the fabric in this kit, but I have a lot to complete before I can start on the project.)

 Each shop had cookies and treats as well as fat quarter gifts prepared and ready to give away to participants. Now who cannot find a good use for cookies and a fat quarter?  Seriously?   Also, they had worked together to create a shop hop original quilt. My friend and I both decided to get all the small kits to make a hop quilt.  She even purchased one of the finishing kits.  I think I will set my medallion in my own design, but I have that Christmas sewing to get finished first.

So here it is--all my loot.

 If you look closely at my treasures, you might note that much of this does not really follow my usual fabric preferences.  Seven of the fat quarters were free gifts.  I bought a cute little pumpkin pattern to make some gifts out of them.  The precuts are my favorites because I am very pleased with the human who decided that precutting for me would be helpful!  The rest is for the completion of various gifts--so looks like little thought, but trust me...... And just wait until you see my kit fabrics!

Thanks shop owners for creating such a pleasant shopping trip for us all.  I am sure I will be hopping again.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment