Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Christmas in July Update

Sewing for Christmas in July has turned out to be one of my best ideas ever. I wanted to make two major projects and get some little gifts designed and at least a dent in their making.  I have had several little day trips and domestic interruptions this month, but I think I might just reach my goal.  I have one quilt top ready for the quilter, one I should finish by tonight or be very close to finishing, and an idea for the little gifts about ready to try.  They should be very quick.  I hope since I have a classroom and lesson plans that need my attention too.

All in all I am pretty proud of my accomplishments because during the school year I often get behind wih my deadline sewing.  Grading, preparing, attending events. . . can really cut into sewing time.  As a result, I often find myself in the sewing room the morning before Christmas festivities start in my family putting the finishing touches on more than one "made with love" gift.   However,  I have to work to fund my fabric addiction, so there you go!  

 The color of  Christmas at my house this year!

Happy Holidays
M

No comments:

Post a Comment